Brazilian footballer Daniel Alves da Silva, known as Dani Alves, was taken into custody on Friday January 20 in Barcelona as part of an investigation against him for alleged sexual assault, the Catalan regional police told AFP.
Footballer Benjamin Mendy found not guilty of six rapes, but retried in June for a seventh
“He came this morning to the Les Corts police station”a district of Barcelona, where “He had been summoned. He has been taken into custody and is on his way. for the Palace of Justice in Barcelona, explained a spokesman for the Mossos d’Esquadra, the Catalan police. According to a judicial source, he was to be heard by a judge.
The sequel after the ad
Accused of “touching” in a Catalan nightclub
On January 10, a court in Barcelona announced that it had “opened an investigation for an alleged offense of sexual assault following the complaint presented by a woman against a football player”, without wanting the name of the player. But a source familiar with the matter had confirmed to AFP that it was indeed Dani Alves.
This woman, who filed a complaint on January 2, accuses the 39-year-old player of touching, said the regional police. According to the local press, the alleged facts took place in a nightclub in Barcelona on the night of December 30 to 31.
In a message sent to Spanish channel Antena 3 on January 5, the 39-year-old denied any criminal conduct and confirmed that he did not know the suspect.
Former player of FC Barcelona, Juventus Turin and Paris Saint-Germain, Alves spent a few days of vacation in Barcelona after participating in the World Cup in Qatar with the Brazilian selection and before returning to his current club Pumas de Mexico.